Coin collecting is supposed to be enjoyable, but it’s difficult to know what information you can trust. It seems like there’s a deluge of often-questionable material out there on certain coins, and there’s next to nothing on others. That can make it a little intimidating to get into coin collection. At JD Coin, we understand that, because we’re collectors ourselves.
If you’re just developing an interest in coin collecting, we’ll help you get started. If you’re already an enthusiast, you’ll appreciate our depth of knowledge and the attention to detail that we’ve been providing our clients since 1991. We are fully bonded and insured and pleased to be serving all of southeast Minnesota from our shop in Rochester.
Some people collect coins with little thought to how they were minted, what they are worth, when they were made or their place of origin; they simply find them interesting. More often than not, though, we coin collectors have a goal of completing a set of coins. At JD Coin, we do a little of both.
Coin collecting is a great hobby for kids and adults alike; it’s like walking through history. Along the way, you learn about fascinating people, traditions and historic places. Coins can be elegant and artistic or sturdy and sensible, depending on how, when and where they were minted. They are art and science and history at once, and can be held in the palm of your hand.
At JD Coins we will buy your books, folders and display cases of coins. We purchase early coins and collections on a rotational basis, with a preference for pre-1964 coins. Consider these tips when bringing coins in for appraisal:
- Do not clean or polish items. Unlike other collectors, coin collectors prefer coins in their natural condition. Polishing them actually brings them down in value!
- Do not separate into individual envelopes. We have a process that allows us to evaluate them quickly, and envelopes slow us down.
- JD Coins will get you the highest price for your coins that we are able to.
- We are bonded and insured.
- We are staffed with a Bullion Specialist with over 25 years in the business.
- You are never obligated to buy, sell or trade with us.